Race organisers Sweetspot provided another boost to the domestic racing scene today when they announced the teams for this year’s Women’s Tour.
After revealing in April that all five British men’s UCI Continental teams would ride September’s Tour of Britain, Sweetspot has selected all three women’s British UCI Continental teams for the Women’s Tour. This means Drops-Le Col s/b Tempur, CAMS-Basso Bikes and new UCI team AWOL O’Shea will all line up for the Women’s WorldTour race.
The British teams will rub shoulders with some of the world’s best riders, with twelve of the world’s top 15 teams among those in action at this year’s Women’s Tour, including all nine of the top division UCI Women’s WorldTour teams. The selection of CAMS-Basso Bikes and AWOL O’Shea, in particular, provides them with a rare opportunity to compete against top-level riders and teams in a year in which their UCI race programmes have been limited.
Rescheduled from its traditional June calendar position to the COVID-19 pandemic, the race takes place Monday 4 – Saturday 9 October.
The full list of teams competing in the 2021 Women’s Tour is:
- Alé BTC Ljubljana (Italy)
- AWOL O’Shea (Great Britain)
- CAMS-Basso Bikes (Great Britain)
- Canyon SRAM Racing (Germany)
- Ceratizit-WNT Pro Cycling (Germany)
- Drops-Le Col s/b TEMPUR. (Great Britain)
- FDJ Nouvelle-Aquitaine Futuroscope (France)
- Liv Racing (Netherlands)
- Movistar Team (Spain)
- Parkhotel Valkenburg (Netherlands)
- SD Worx (Netherlands)
- Team BikeExchange (Australia)
- Team DSM (Germany)
- Team TIBCO-Silicon Valley Bank (USA)
- Trek-Segafredo (USA)
- Valcar-Travel & Service (Italy)
Featured photo: Alex Whitehead/SWpix.com – 30/06/2021 – British Cycling – HSBC UK National Women’s Circuit Series – Spatzwear Women’s Otley Grand Prix – Otley, Yorkshire, England.